Carolinas AGC (CAGC) presented its 2017 Pinnacle Awards on Saturday, February 3, 2018, at CAGC’s 95th Annual Convention in Boca Raton, Florida. Pinnacle entries are judged on unique aspects and challenges; special values; project management; budget and schedule; and safety performance.
CAGC bestowed the 2017 Pinnacle “Project” Awards to three construction projects which enhance their communities.
Best Highway-Heavy Project – $5 Million and Over | South Carolina DOT US 78 and SC 7 Bridge Replacements, North Charleston, SC – Crowder Construction
Best Building Project Under $5 Million | Quarry Park Development, Winston-Salem, NC –Bar Construction Company
Best Building Project – $5 Million and Over | New Davie County High School, Mocksville, NC – New Atlantic Contracting, Inc.
CAGC’s “Build with the Best” Pinnacle Award went to an individual whose mission is helping students create a pathway to a successful career in construction.
Build with the Best Award | Steve Corriher, Central Piedmont Community College
Construction Excellence Awards | Judges’ Picks: Projects of Distinction
New to the CAGC Awards family are the CAGC Construction Excellence Awards. The following projects were recognized by the CAGC Pinnacle Award Judges as projects of distinction. Read detailed project descriptions.
- The Barnes Center at Clemson University | General Contractor: Hood Construction.
- Hill Hall at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill | General Contractor: Barnhill Contracting Company.
- SC State Pedestrian Bridge over US 21 Bypass/US 178 in Orangeburg, SC | General Contractor: Crowder Construction Company.
- Edisto Island Shoreline Protection and Groin Lengthening, Edisto Island, SC | General Contractor: Crowder Construction Company
- Greenville Country Club, Greenville, SC | General Contractor: Harper Corporation
- The Morrisville Parkway Railroad Grade Separation, Morrisville, NC | General Contractor: Fred Smith Company
CAGC shared details and photos via Twitter. Check it out @CarolinasAGC.
About the CAGC Pinnacle Awards
The CAGC Pinnacle Awards competition is co-sponsored by CPA firm GreerWalker LLP and the law firm of Johnston, Allison & Hord, both based in Charlotte. Learn more about the association’s annual Pinnacle Awards program at Carolinas AGC.