Catawba Valley Community College’s (CVCC) “Construction Careers Academy” is a cooperative partnership between CVCC, Hickory (NC)-area construction companies, the Chamber of Catawba County, and the Catawba Valley and Hickory Home Builders Associations. The goal is to actively identify and develop a skilled construction workforce for the future. Individuals interested in exploring and developing careers in construction can enroll in the Academy to obtain hands-on training in construction fundamentals (basic construction skills and safety, employability skills, etc.), paid apprenticeships and eventual full-time employment with local construction firms.
Companies in or near the Catawba County, North Carolina area are invited to join the CVCC Construction Careers Academy to provide program design, support, and funding. To learn more about the Academy and how your company can get involved, please click here or contact Keith Sipe, Director of Business and Industry Learning Services with CVCC, at (828) 327-7000, extension 4613 or via email at email@example.com.
Sponsors: Construction Careers Academy
- Neill Grading and Construction
- David E. Looper and Company Inc.
- Matthews Construction
- Hickory Mechanical
- JK Landscaping and Grading
- Hickory Homebuilders Association of Hickory and Catawba Valley
- ServPro of Catawba County
- Lake Norman Glass and Custom Closets
- Century Fire Protection
- T.M. Caldwell Plumbing
- All County Plumbing LLC
- Peoples Bank
- Robinson Builders Mart
- Chamber of Catawba County
- Lake Electric Company
- Canella Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.
- Locke-Lane Construction, Inc.
- Troutman Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Minyard Plumbing, Inc.
- Brushy Mountain Builders, Inc.
- Hickory Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.