Propeller, a global leader in 3D mapping and drone data analytics solutions, announced a Propeller Platform add-on called Crew, a simple, data sharing tool that worksites use to relay interactive maps from desktops in office to mobile devices in the field.
The new add-on gives office teams the power to create and share interactive maps with professionals in the field using one-off links designed for mobile viewing. Each map has a unique URL that can be shared with anyone and any device.
This data sharing tool is designed to unify long-standing information silos with ongoing and open communication. Historically, worksites have manually prepared paper maps to keep site-based crews informed, but these maps quickly become outdated and require a specialist’s knowledge to create.
Working from outdated documents, foremen and surveyors on the ground are left to make critical decisions based on guesswork—a recipe for rework and utility strikes. Crew’s up-to-date visuals, readily available for viewing on any mobile device, give on-site personnel the confidence they need to make decisions and the power to prevent costly mistakes.
With the Crew add-on, users can:
– Create, share, and view their latest aerial survey on any mobile device
– Move and zoom in on specific areas of their site relative to their current location
– Understand site setout relative to the final design
– Turn design file layers on or off as required
– Monitor cut and fill progress to design levels from anywhere on site
– Identify subsurface utilities in the field to reduce strike rates
– Draw on the map to communicate points of interest to other users in real time.
– View the elevation point for any location on site
The best part of the new add-on is its simplicity: it distributes information without requiring users to download an app or remember sign-on credentials.
Engaging with these maps also requires little or no technical knowledge. Office-based personnel just navigate to the site they’d like to share in the Propeller Platform, generate a unique URL, and send it to their in-field team using SMS, email, or any other communication tool they’d like.
After opening the link, crew members can immediately explore a geographically accurate overview of where they’re at to spot-check elevations, view volumes, stay safe, and stay informed.
By marrying maps and mobile capabilities, the Crew add-on makes collaboration an effortless part of your workflow— a single link that keeps everyone on your team connected.