Baltimore-based RMF Engineering, a leader in full-service MEP engineering with 11 offices in the eastern part of the country – including Raleigh, Charlotte and Charleston, was recognized by 17 different industry associations and publications during 2020.
The firm earned 22 honors in total, joining the ranks of four “Top Firms” lists and winning 18 awards for projects ranging from healthcare to higher education, spanning the entire East coast.
Despite the global pandemic and its effects on the market climate, RMF remained steadfast in its commitment to client service and delivering first-class projects. These awards further underscore RMF’s steep industry expertise, leadership in the field, and proven track record in collaboration and teaming on key projects with industry partners.
Following is a summary of RMF projects in the Carolinas that were deemed award worthy in 2020:
AIA National 2020 Healthcare Design Award for the Hampton County Health Clinic in Varnville, SC. Architect: Liollio Architecture.
AIA South Carolina
- Merit Award for 2020 AIA Adaptive Reuse or Historic Preservation for the USC Instructional Chemistry Building (Law School Conversion). Architect: Watson Tate Savory / EYP.
- Honor Award for 2020 AIA Adaptive Reuse or Historic Preservation for the Florence-Darlington Technical College Lake City (at the Continuum). Architect: McMillan Pazdan Smith.
- Citation Award for 2020 AIA New Construction for the SC Parks, Rec & Tourism Hardeeville Welcome Center. Architect: Liollio Architecture.
- Merit Award for 2020 AIA New Construction for the Wando Mt. Pleasant Library. Architect: LS3P.
2020 ASHRAE Charleston Chapter
- Existing Public Assembly, Additions and Renovations to the Columbia Metro Convention Center. Architect: McMillan Pazdan Smith Architects.
- New Healthcare Facility, Self Regional Hospital Women’s Center and ACC Renovation. Architect: McMillan Pazdan Smith Architects.
- Existing Other Institutional, SCDC Manning Correctional Institution Boiler Replacement.
ENR Southeast’s 2020 Best Project for the Andy Quattlebaum Outdoor Recreation Center at Clemson University. Architect: Cooper Carry. Contractor: Sherman Construction.
Historic Columbia 2020 Preservation Award: New Construction in a Historic Context for the USC Old Law School to Chemistry Lab. Architects: Watson Tate Savory Architects, EYP Architecture. Contractor: Gilbane.
WoodWorks 2020 U.S. Regional Excellence Award for the Florence-Darlington Technical College, The Continuum Building (Lake City Workforce Development). Architect: McMillan Pazdan Smith Architects. Contractor: Thompson Turner Construction.
For the entire list of RMF award-winning projects companywide, click here.
BD+C Giants 400: Top Engineering Firms (ranked 26th)
Consulting Specifying Engineer Cx Giants (ranked 16th)
EC&M Top 40: Electrical Design Firms (ranked 26th)
ENR Top 500 Design Firms (ranked 274th)