Charlotte, NC — Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Carolinas Chapter celebrated the graduating Class of 2019 for the Chapter’s Apprenticeship & Craft Training Program by hosting the ceremony at the Charlotte Knights baseball game on Thursday, June 6, 2019. Included in the festivities was a Keynote Address by Kathryn Castelloes, ApprenticeshipNC Director, and the pre-game recognition of graduates on the field – with the first pitch thrown out by Class Valedictorian, Andy Foster of Kershaw, S.C.
The ABC Carolinas Chapter educational program encompasses four years of evening classes, two nights per week each semester at either the Charlotte or Triangle (Apex, N.C.) campuses, using the standardized curriculum developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). In addition to their education, apprenticeship students are certified by ApprenticeshipNC while receiving full-time on-the-job instruction with an ABC member company.
“We are proud of the commitment made by our graduating students, and of our membership who invest in their employees by providing continued construction education through the ABC program,” said Angela Latino, President/CEO of the ABC Carolinas Chapter.
The Class of 2019 included the following graduates from participating member contractors:
- Adams Electric Company – John Choi
- Gaylor Electric – William Rhoderick
- HardHat Workforce Solutions – Martin Lopez
- Howard Brothers Electric – Andy Foster, Soeub Khen, Patrick Monroe, and Ronald Small
- Tech Electric Corporation – Bobby Carlton
- Watson Electrical Construction Company – Dave Carlton, Jimmie George, Joseph Hensley, Kevin King, Trevor Lynch, and Wesley Sartain
- WB Moore Company – Ryan Biggerstaff, Logan Briggs, Jeremy Gary, Ansel (Dustin) Greenwood, and Marshall Sizemore
- Non-member graduates – Alejandro Ayala, Xai Hang
For information on the ABC Carolinas Apprenticeship and Craft Training Program, please contact Sara Breeggemann, Director of Workforce Development ( http://www.abccarolinas.org/About-Us/Contact-Us/Charlotte-Office ).
Associated Builders and Contractors is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members in 69 Chapters across the United States. Based on the Merit Shop philosophy, we help our members develop people, win work and deliver work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which they work.