Carolinas-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council (CVMSDC) rounded out the fourth quarter of 2020 by adding seven new Corporate Partners to its roster. Additionally, CVMSDC boasted record membership in the year 2020, completing the year with 96 new Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) members and adding 14 new Corporate Partners overall. The most recent corporations to join the CVMSDC network during the latter part of the year include:
· Guilford County – Government Administration in North Carolina;
· Hampton Roads Connector Partners – Joint venture construction partnership for the $3.8 billion Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion project in Virginia;
· American Tire Distributors – North America’s largest tire distributor;
· Starr Electric – Established in 1928, one of the oldest and largest commercial and industrial electrical contracting companies in the Carolinas;
· 84 Lumber – The nation’s largest privately held supplier of building materials;
· Trulieve – A medical cannabis provider with a network of dispensaries;
· Hubbell Inc. (National Partner) – Designs, manufactures and sells electrical and electronic products for construction, industrial and utility applications.
CVMSDC President Dominique Milton said: “We are seeing unprecedented growth nationally and regionally as companies pledge to change the supplier landscape with intentional inclusivity. Doors must be opened to strengthen the economy through diverse businesses. For every $1 spent through the engagement of an MBE, we return $1.72 back into the economy. Every contract makes a difference.”
CVMSDC serves to grow wealth by certifying, developing, connecting and advocating on behalf of its membership, which is represented by Corporate Partners, MBEs, financial institutions and local community partners. Corporations are encouraged to participate in enhancing supplier development initiatives and increasing economic growth opportunities by partnering with CVMSDC and NMSDC (national parent organization). CVMSDC will start 2021 with a Matchmaking event to connect more Corporate Partners (buyers) with MBEs – sellers of goods and services.
The Carolinas-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council is one of 23 regional affiliate councils of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). The Council is a membership organization of major corporations, financial institutions, government agencies and universities that operate within North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The Carolinas-Virginia MSDC is a non-profit corporation chartered to enhance business opportunities for minority-owned companies by providing support through developing mutually beneficial networking opportunities with corporate members and promoting minority business development. For more information, visit online.