The American Institute of Architects (AIA) today announced the release of eight customized AIA Contract Documents® for exclusive use on State projects in South Carolina. The South Carolina versions of the AIA documents include state-specific amendments to the standard text of the AIA documents, as developed by the Office of the State Engineer, and will be used for State of South Carolina design and construction projects that utilize the Design-Bid-Build, Construction Manager at Risk, and Construction Manager as Advisor delivery methods.
The eight South Carolina-specific versions of AIA Contract Documents include:
· A101™–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor where the basis of payment is a Stipulated Sum
· A132™–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
· A133™–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager as Constructor where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee with a Guaranteed Maximum Price
· A201™–2007, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
· A232™–2009, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
· A701™–1997, Instructions to Bidders
· B101™–2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect
· B132™–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
“We are very excited about our collaboration with the State of South Carolina, Office of the State Engineer as we continue to grow our state-specific documents portfolio. We’d like to thank Michael Watson and the leadership team of AIA South Carolina who initiated this process several years ago. This initiative served as the impetus for developing the AIA Contract Documents state-specific program, and the broader AIA Documents on Demand platform.” said Deborah DeBernard, AIA, NCARB, Architect AIBC, LEED BD&C, Senior Vice President of AIA Global Innovation.
The South Carolina versions of the AIA documents are only available through AIA Documents-on-Demand®.
Interested in State-Specific Customized Documents?
State and local government agencies or organizations interested in customized AIA Contract Documents, please contact Deborah DeBernard at DeborahDeBernard@aia.org.
For over 150 years, members of the American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes. Members adhere to a code of ethics and professional conduct to ensure the highest standards in professional practice. Embracing their responsibility to serve society, AIA members engage civic and government leaders and the public in helping find needed solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation and world. Visit www.aia.org.
The AIA Contract Documents library includes over 200 agreements and forms. These documents define the relationships and terms involved in design and construction projects. Prepared by the AIA with the consensus of owners, contractors, attorneys, architects, engineers, and other industry stakeholders, this library of documents has been revised and updated throughout its 125-year history to meet industry and legal requirements. As a result, these comprehensive agreements and forms are now widely recognized as the industry standard. Visit www.aia.org/contractdocs.